Thursday, August 24, 2006

Work and Wine Festivals

40 minutes to go at work.
It is amazing how much time drags when you are not having fun.
No work to do and I am bored of surfing the internet (have spent the last 3 weeks filling in my time doing just that).
Looking for interesting websites of note.
Frank informed me of a cracker: the best 80’s video website. Dolly Parton and The Bangles deserve special note.
Any more ideas?
One good thing about this placement is that I am reading the Guardian Online from cover to cover (metaphorically speaking) every day so I am full of useful facts and pieces of information. A proof reading text today all about Christina Aguilera also proved educational. Did you know that she used to be on the Disney Channel, alongside Britney and Justin Timberlake? So that’s why they all love each other so much…
Looking forward to the clock hitting 5pm and getting out of here.
And tomorrow it is Friday :-)
And this Friday is the start of the Fulda Wine Festival. Looking forward to that. Never been to a wine festival before. Not sure whether to expect many inebriated people, as at a beer fest, or whether there will a more classy air, with lots of people sniffing their beverages and trying to distinguish hidden subtle flavours. Not sure which one I fit into best. Am determined to try my hand at the wine festival this weekend though. I'll let you know whether I manage to pull it off. Going for some practice tonight with a few girls from work. I'm taking it seriously you see...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the wine fest. Such a shame that I'm not there, with you.............

As you have so much time, acess to computer and bizzare information at present - how about getting the wedding loop back into shape. Cos it isn't exactly a 'loop' if only I am doing it!!
Check out some of the outfits and cocktails at the wine festival!

Love and hugs
Auntie Fred xx

Lu said...

Okay, I'm on the case :-)

Anonymous said...

What's a wedding loop?