Friday, January 06, 2006

2006

Welcome back and Happy 2006!

So it’s back to life, back to reality here in Fulda. After a cracking festive period (thanks to all family members for presents and for all those family and friends who I managed to see for making my 9 days in Britain fandabbydosey) I could have returned to Fulda sad that it was over so fast. I didn’t however, in fact, I was excited to go back and see Ragil and my other friends again.

2006 has given me a new kind of optimism. I feel it is going to be a good year. My resolutions all centre round getting the best from life and actively doing positive things to achieve my goals. For example, ‘drink and sleep less, study more’ is a key one. I’m going to organise my time and be as disciplined as I was before I got to Fulda (and that part of my personality evaporated). I’m going to start doing regular exercise and I’m going to learn French properly (not just attend French class once a week).

I can’t guarantee I’ll stick to these, in fact I haven’t done any exercise since before New Year and although I’ve bought a ‘French Starter Kit’, I am putting it off until my horrific presentation is over. I have also slept far too long today and spent the rest of the day procrastinating. However, my optimism remains, interrupted only by occasional anxiety attacks about Monday’s presentation and even these don’t keep me down for long.
It will be interesting to see if the optimism lasts and if I can stick to any of my New Year’s Resolutions.

Time will tell…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

fandabbydosey I like that word..is it even a word???? No matter because I like it!

Lu said...

I got it from Em, a v good mate of mine in York. She has a tendency to make up words though so it could well be an 'Em original'...

Anonymous said...

'fandabbydosey' -- don't children's TV and The Crankies spring to mind?

As for the resoloutions...yeah, well......rock on Jimi....

Anyway - back to positive things (this being the watchword of the year) lots of love as ever
Auntie Fred xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Love the good intentions. How are you doing so far? By the way, Christmas sounded really good - where were you and can I come next year?! xxx

Anonymous said...

If you are hosting the festive celebrations next year, please can I come as well? Can I sit in between Little and Big Sis so that I can keep a supervisory eye on them both? I will look after the bottle of gin and any spare mince pies...Glad that's all sorted, then. So nice to have plans made well in advance I always think
- it'll give me something nice to look forward to throughout the coming year.....!
xx