Tuesday, April 17, 2007

the small things

I just got a free jar of strawberry jam with the margarine I bought. It made me so happy.
Just imagine if we learned to take pleasure in all sorts of little things that happen all the time, how happy we would be.
As of today, my mid-April resolution is this: learn to appreciate the small things, learn to enjoy everything, even if the sensible part of you is telling you it is not a fun experience.
Everything brings something, even if it is just a funny story about an experience you would rather not repeat, or a blog post about some free jam.

[image: me and my jam]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn"t be sad if I received a jam jar with my margerine. That would make my day too.

Small things...I saw a magnificent sunset over Mooloolabah while I was running. My pockets are small so I could not take my camera.