Tuesday, January 09, 2007

2007...

...in with a bang and a pleasant covering of champagne, thanks to SJ and her decision to spray all her guests and her front room in bubbly. As the photo shows, we did not, however, let this deter us from killing the traditional Auld Lang Syme with our out of tune, raucous tones.

This New Year thing has, as is always the case, not changed much. It was a great opportunity for a reunion of sorts with school friends, some of whom I hadn't seen in way too long, but now that it is 2007, the only real difference I can see is that I have a new diary, a new calendar and lots of scribbling outs where I keep incorrectly writing 2006.

After the champers had dried, 2007 started rather quietly. I think my body has decided that a fun resolution would be to have me struck down with the lurgy for the year - there has not been a day of 2007 when I have felt 100%, or even above 60%. Still, things to be done, books to be read, essays to be written and presentations to be prepared. There's exams coming soon too and when that's all over, if I make it through, a rather exciting trip to Indonesia.

So, despite the stuffy head, popping ears, exhausting cough and gooey nose, spirits are high and whenever morale starts to drop, the Lonely Planet to Indonesia is pulled off the bookshelf and the smiles soon return.

I hope everyone else is smiling too. If not, I suggest chocolate, or the LP to Indonesia, it works for me :D

No comments: