Sunday, February 26, 2006

@home

My time at home is almost up and I must say it has been as eventful as ever. I am particularly proud of my achievements of fitting not one, not two, but three family parties in and of having met up with a very large portion of my very large family (and very nice to see them all is was too). It has been 2 weeks of slightly random activities - a 9-man pond liner offensive, a ridiculous amount of appointments (doctor, dentist, hairdresser, glasses, contact lense etc. etc.), lots of tea and cake in english tea rooms, a spontaneous trip to Nottingham to watch the Brits and eat Indian takeaway and then spend money I don't have, an über windy trip to Scarborough beach, a slap up meal (family party no.1), an engagement party (no.2), a 21st complete with darts competition and Glenfiddich (no.3), funtimes in Liverpool with scouse cab drivers and their jokes (what do you call a mid-wife reluctant to deliver scouse babies? A crime prevention officer:-). I've shown an Aussie around the place I call home, I've eaten lots and I've even managed to take a few photos to record my time. You can see a selection below...

ps - HUGE congratulations to Ellen and Si and to Hannah and John :-)




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see you, Lucy (and the rest of the family), at the weekend, and to see photos of the Oldies on the blogsite as well as you lovely young things!
Also nice to hear that Scouse taxi drivers still have their own, inimitable (?spelling)sense of humour.....!
Don't know when you leave Blighty to return to the larger section of Europe, but take care wherever you are at the moment.
Love A. Fred xxx

Anonymous said...

Get some work done Auntie Fred - shouldn't be emailing at 1am! There's a much better photo of the two of us which doesn't make my chest and arms look quite so enormous(as they clearly aren't in real life and who knows who is accessing this site). Get to it Lucy and cheer your mother up! love Mum

Lu said...

Hey Mama,
I think you'll find that you look gorge on both pics of you, so stop complaining!!! And as if that isn't enough, just remember what taxi driver no.3 said (aka Mr Stand-up Comedian): we look like sisters. Okay, so it was dark, but hey, a compliment nonetheless (for you at least :-P)
Hope Whellidrake isn't too quiet now that I've gone again. If it is, you know where to find me.
love Lubes

Anonymous said...

Thank you for everything Lucy!!!! I had a great time with you family and the windy windy Scarborough beach. It was fantastic meeting everybody!

Another somewhat interesting development for me is now, I have a voice in my head for Aunty Fred. Who has correct and for me, inimitable spelling skills.

Anonymous said...

So nice for me to be recognised for my true worth.....!
Cheers Bec. x