Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Salsa, Sunsets and Shepherd's Pie

So yesterday I had a low point. Still not come up with an explanation as to why, but am pleased to announce that it didn't last long. As the main cause was probably tiredness, the best solution would probably have been to get an early night. But, all those years of studying Philosophy has taught me that logic often gets you nowhere very fast. So, I didn't get an early night, I went round to Bec's, cooked some shepherd's pie (damn good btw), had a jolly time eating it with Ragil, Heidi and Anne and then went to a salsa party and proceeded to dance the night away. It was an ace time and I am pleased to announce that after 4hrs of dancing to latino music I can almost salsa :-) I woke up this morning feeling emotionally fine and dandy if a little sore in the head (and the legs actually - my body just ain't used to those salsa moves.) Eggy bread and fried tomatoes with plenty of OJ to wash it down proved a v enjoyable breakfast (ta Bec) and then our Introduction to Communication Theory class was almost interesting, although I missed my note-writing buddy...

Just been on Bec's roof, watching the sun go down over Fulda (pretty gorge hey?!) and now I'm going to start getting ready for tonight's entertainment. Yes, ok, I was going to have a very early night to prepare myself for Hannah's visit (fellow Yorkie who's going to be here from tomorrow til Saturday) but got a text from Uli saying there's a group of English-speaking folk going to a swanky Italian restaurant and the food and drink are on the rich American Prof (of legendary belly dancing night fame). Well, an invitation like that is hard to turn down (I may be on a scholarship but I am still a student after all) and so I shall be joining the Professor, a British lady who is randomly in Fulda, Sam (a West Virginian) and Uli (a German who spent a year in Glasgow) for a posh Italian meal. Excellent.

Bonne Soiree one and all,
xx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lu,
Glad to see that you are feeling better and I hope that you are being your happy self.
Sounds like you are having lots of fun over there!
I miss you loads, come home!
Love kate xxx

Anonymous said...

Don't go home just yet...hmmmmmm. I am sooo tired. Europarecht....here we come.....ZZZZZzzzzZZZZzzz....

Lu said...

like a rose between two thorns, or the jam in a sandwich, I will stay where I am and utter but four words: you are both ace :-)

ps - Europarecht there we went, and man I wish I had stayed in bed...

Anonymous said...

Dear Lucy,
As you now are the proud possesor of a pink 'bicekeyhole' (to use Ellen's word for a bicycle - aged 5) and have rightly assumed the title of 'jam in the sandwhich' -- I just wondered if you are also morphing into 2 of your cousins?!!
Have a good day...........
Love Auntie Fred xxx