Friday, November 09, 2007

It's not that my mind has become closed, this blog's neglect is more due to the fact that I now spend most of my weekdays sitting in front of a computer and it is called work, so doing the same thing when I come home on an evening has lost its appeal somewhat.

Lots of things have changed since the last post. Myself and Ragil now live in Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin. Prenzlauer Berg is one of the 'hip' districts with lots of nice restaurants, cafes and places to go out. It is also full of young families with prams and toddlers galore. Our flat is larger than our last one and we are slowly buying furniture and decorating it to our taste. Its location is truly excellent. Very quiet, in a safe area, loads of tasty looking restaurants just round the corner and the very large Volkspark Friedrichshain at the end of the street. It is very different to living in Fulda but we haven't looked back since our arrival in Berlin. The capital is bigger and more graffitied but it has everything Fulda had and then some.
We are taking the time to get to know our new home and visiting different areas and different sights each week. Although I had spent over 2 weeks in this city before just doing tourist stuff there is still a heck of a lot to discover and we are loving exploring the nooks and crannies of the place. We have also recently found out that the state museums are free after 6pm on Thursdays so we are planning to get a bit cultured over the weeks and months to come.

Other news: I am now a yoga practiser - or at least I try to be. Tuesday nights are yoga nights for me and Vicki, one of my British colleagues. I am not at all bendy so it is taking a bit of getting in to but as a sport that concludes its sessions with 10 minutes of lying in a dark room, under a blanket, it has a definite appeal to me.

And that is about it for now.
I don't feel like this has been a very inspiring post but at least you know that I haven't dropped off the face of the earth.
Hopefully the next post will be better and not such a long wait.

Love and hugs to all xx

No comments: