Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I am back on the island. It is a well needed break from the monotony of having nothing to do except read for my Master thesis. This monotony had been going on since my return from Indonesia, over a month without any structure, without any routine and with dwindling motivation. Back in Britain the motivation hasn't exactly come flooding back but I am appreciating the change of scenery, being back with the family and some structure, even if it is just relating to bus times into town.

Being at home also gives me time to reflect and I am subjected to opinions of people who care. It's a good time to work out what I want. Actually, being at home is simply reaffirming what I knew: that I want to stay with him, which means staying in Germany for a wee while; that I want to get a job, to become financially independent and to achieve something to be proud of; and that it could be a difficult year ahead.

I hope that in 12 months time I can look back on the year that has passed and smile.

5 comments:

Nafisik said...

Lu, nice to hear from you.
nice to hear you are back home, with familiar people and scenery surrounding you. are u going to stay long in the island? missing nice times in fulda.

loads of love from brussels,
nafis

playingdrama said...

are you rejuvenated? hope so.. don't want you to go back to fulda and feeling dejected. let it be your revival momentum for a better future!

Anonymous said...

Remember that what ever happens in life - you'll be fine. Just have confidence in yourself and go with the flow.
Love Auntie Fred x
PS Also, an in-depth knowledge of the local bus times is always useful!

Lu said...

Thanks guys. I guess it is just all about being positive. There is a lot of fun stuff out there waiting to be done, I just have to make sure I have the guts to open my eyes :)
And Auntie Fred, knowing the bus times in Wheldrake isn't just useful, but a necessity, otherwise you are stuck in the back of beyond with no hope of escape (unless I hitch a croggy from Bob on his bike!) Can't wait to see you and the gang in August :D
love Lu

Anonymous said...

Hi Lucy!

Great that you are at home now!
Wish you good luck with your thesis and whatever you are going to do!

warm hug for you and take care!

Chia-Lin